Technical Consult Archiva LDAP Configuration
christian
2014-10-07 22:50:56 UTC
Hello, good afternoon ,
We are having a problem in configuring Archiva with LDAP.
As proof we use the LDAP installed on :
http://www.forumsys.com/tutorials/integration -how- to/ldap/online -ldap -
test- server/

When do we set our archives as follows if the manual say
but, although this indicates that connects ok to LDAP, when we go to the
mapping tab Roles, no LDAP groups appear

i have the apache -archiva version 2.1.1

They could help with this? i need a manual or any form to do this!

Thank you, best regards
Jonathan Sharp
2014-10-07 23:36:01 UTC
Hey Christian,

A few things to check:
1. There is at least one NPE you can get while setting up the ldap
configuration that will resolve permanently with a restart of archiva.

2. What is the name of the group objectclass in your LDAP, and what is the
name of the attribute denoting membership of groups in your LDAP?
If they are not groupOfUniqueNames and uniqueMember, respectively, you may
have to specify them in your archiva.xml, within tags
redbackRuntimeConfiguration -> configurationProperties -> ldap -> config ->
groups -> class (for the objectClass) and redbackRuntimeConfiguration ->
configurationProperties -> ldap -> config -> groups -> member (for the
attribute).

Here is the issue tracker if you want to put in a JIRA with logs of errors
you are getting: https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM (get an account at
https://xircles.codehaus.org/signup )

-Jon
Thank you, best regards
Jeroen Hoek
2014-10-14 14:30:44 UTC
Hello Christian,

I have found that it helps a lot to log all LDAP-queries performed on
the LDAP-server itself, to see the exact LDAP-queries posed by
Archiva. That way you can spot any discrepancies in the query
parameters used. To further debug connecting to LDAP, you can then try
to perform those queries directly using ldapsearch, to see if you are
getting any results back from LDAP.
Hey Christian,
Post by christian
Hello, good afternoon ,
We are having a problem in configuring Archiva with LDAP.
http://www.forumsys.com/tutorials/integration -how- to/ldap/online -ldap -
test- server/
When do we set our archives as follows if the manual say
but, although this indicates that connects ok to LDAP, when we go to the
mapping tab Roles, no LDAP groups appear
i have the apache -archiva version 2.1.1
They could help with this? i need a manual or any form to do this!
Thank you, best regards
Kind regards,

Jeroen Hoek
Lable