Configuring Archiva without setting Tomcat-wide properties
David North
2015-04-07 16:17:04 UTC

After some successful experiments with Archiva running using its
built-in Jetty server, we're working on deployment "for real". We
usually deploy web apps onto Tomcat, and I'd like to do the same here.

The instructions at
http://archiva.apache.org/docs/2.2.0/adminguide/webapp.html all work as
expected. However, I am unhappy about having to set appserver.home and
appserver.base in a Tomcat-wide manner using system properties (via
setenv.sh).

Is it possible to configure these on a per-webapp basis in
conf/Catalina/localhost/archiva.xml ?

I see from digging into the source code a bit that Archiva uses Commons
Configuration to obtain most of its settings, so I was rather hoping it
would be possible to pass appserver.home and appserver.base in the
context file using JNDI or similar. Can anyone confirm if this is
possible and, if so, give an example?

Thanks,
David
Olivier Lamy
2015-04-11 10:25:44 UTC
Hi David,
Sadly I'm not really it's possible :-(
You need to investigate but there are probably few places where the code
can use System.getProperty("appserver.base") (which is very bad: I agree!!!)
Hi,
--
Olivier Lamy