LDAP group filter
Elestedt, Fredrik
2015-08-19 06:57:27 UTC

I'm doing a quick investigation of LDAP support in different artifact management system and at the moment I'm investigating Archiva.
I've set up an instance and successfully configured the LDAP backend to work against our test environment LDAP, but I've run in to an
issue.

Archiva loads up all groups - not just the ones which are pertinent to Archiva. Is there an option somewhere I can set to filter the group
search result? I found one for users - but that I don't want to filter.

// Fredrik
Fabian Trampusch
2015-08-19 13:39:30 UTC
You can use the baseDn for groups to filter the displayed groups.

We use something like this:
ou=maven,dc=isys-software,dc=de

The difference between your and our setup is probably, that we have an
own organizational unit for the maven groups.

(I am not the one who administrates LDAP in our company, therefore i can
not provide experience if this is a beneficial approach)

Regards
Fabian
Hi,
// Fredrik
Elestedt, Fredrik
2015-08-20 06:03:58 UTC

Unfortunantly that won't do it.
It's not a group filter - it's just placing all groups in a OU in LDAP, which I can't change.
I have to provide a search filter somewhere, such as (& (objectClass=groupOfNames) (owner=...) )

// Fredrik

// Fredrik
Mat P Jaggard
2015-10-19 15:25:24 UTC
We have the same problem. A long delay while the massive list of groups is
downloaded, followed by an array list out of bounds exception from within
the Java LDAP implementation. We only actually want 2 groups which we
could filter on.

Is there any way around this problem?

Mat Jaggard
Java Developer
Enterprise Content Management / Software Group / IBM UK