Time to dockerize archiva?
Jay Vyas
2014-09-11 16:06:02 UTC
hi archiva.

I think its finally time to start curating easy to use vagrant/docker
deployers for archiva. Should we curate this concept and create a JIRA?

I think it will really enhance the user experience.

With shared folders, we can even allow the core data to be stored on the
host machine, and have archiva itself the app to be run in a container, so
that the archiva services can go up/down at a whim.
--
Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com
Olivier Lamy
2014-09-12 05:58:03 UTC
Sounds a really good idea!!
Yup we can track that with a JIRA and we will definitely accept pull
requests or patch :-)

Cheers
Olivier
Olivier Lamy
2014-10-02 12:17:53 UTC
I finally started that the Dockerfile is here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/archiva/docker-file/trunk/ (git repo
here: https://github.com/olamy/archiva-docker)
Do not hesitate to contribute if you have any issues with.

Cheers
Olivier
Hi,
Bk Lau
2014-10-02 21:13:18 UTC
Olivier:

I saw a line in the Dockerfile:

VOLUME ["/archiva-data"]

Is this supposed to be
VOLUME ["/archiva-data"]

??

Thanks,

--bk
Hi,
Olivier Lamy
2014-10-03 02:14:02 UTC
fixed!
Post by Bk Lau
VOLUME ["/archiva-data"]
Is this supposed to be
VOLUME ["/archiva-data"]
??
Thanks,
--bk
Hi,
Olivier Lamy
2014-10-03 04:10:46 UTC
I pushed everything here: https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/olamy/archiva/

let me know if you have any other issues.

Cheers
Olivier
Post by Olivier Lamy
fixed!
Post by Bk Lau
VOLUME ["/archiva-data"]
Is this supposed to be
VOLUME ["/archiva-data"]
??
Thanks,
--bk
Hi,
jieryn
2014-10-15 21:52:04 UTC
Can you expose the /apache-archiva/conf as a volume so that we can
persist our configuration.

Thanks.
Post by Olivier Lamy
I pushed everything here: https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/olamy/archiva/
let me know if you have any other issues.
Cheers
Olivier
Post by Olivier Lamy
fixed!
Post by Bk Lau
VOLUME ["/archiva-data"]
Is this supposed to be
VOLUME ["/archiva-data"]
??
Thanks,
--bk
Hi,
Olivier Lamy
2014-10-16 00:34:55 UTC
done
Post by Olivier Lamy
I pushed everything here: https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/olamy/archiva/
let me know if you have any other issues.
Cheers
Olivier
Post by Olivier Lamy
fixed!
Post by Bk Lau
VOLUME ["/archiva-data"]
Is this supposed to be
VOLUME ["/archiva-data"]
??
Thanks,
--bk
Hi,
Bk Lau
2014-10-18 13:06:27 UTC
I find that when I stop the archiva container, it always existed with (-1)
code instead of (0). This seems to indicate a "forced kill".
Post by Olivier Lamy
done
Post by jieryn
Post by Olivier Lamy
let me know if you have any other issues.
Cheers
Olivier
Post by Olivier Lamy
fixed!
Post by Bk Lau
VOLUME ["/archiva-data"]
Is this supposed to be
VOLUME ["/archiva-data"]
??
Thanks,
--bk
Hi,
Post by Olivier Lamy
Hi,
Sounds a really good idea!!
Yup we can track that with a JIRA and we will definitely accept
pull
Post by jieryn
Post by Olivier Lamy
Post by Olivier Lamy
Post by Bk Lau
Post by Olivier Lamy
Post by Olivier Lamy
requests or patch :-)
Cheers
Olivier
Post by jieryn
Post by Olivier Lamy
Post by Olivier Lamy
Post by Bk Lau
Post by Olivier Lamy
Post by jieryn
Post by Olivier Lamy
Post by Olivier Lamy
Post by Bk Lau
Post by Olivier Lamy
Post by jieryn
Post by Olivier Lamy
Post by Olivier Lamy
Post by Bk Lau
Post by Olivier Lamy
Post by Olivier Lamy
Post by Jay Vyas
host machine, and have archiva itself the app to be run in a
container,
Post by jieryn
Post by Olivier Lamy
Post by Olivier Lamy