Items in #browse only after restart
Thad Humphries
2014-12-17 23:33:07 UTC
I've set up a standalone Archiva 2.1.1 server on a Linux machine. I
separated the base from the installation. I was able to download a JUnit
jar as described in the Quick Start. It downloaded, was present
in repositories/internal directory, and was there when I ran #browse.

I added some remote repositories and proxies, put a settings.xml in my
~/.m2, and ran `mvn install` on one of my larger projects. *Lots of
activity* (to be expected). However when I refreshed #browse, there was
still only junit, although the files were in repositories/internal. After I
^C-ed in the terminal running Archiva and restarted did #browse show
anything.

I installed Archiva twice before on this machine, setting up and deleting
to understand it. Both times I did not use a separated installation, and I
ran builds requiring only a few files at at time. In these tries #browse
kept up. Could the indexer have been overwhelmed by a large run? Are there
limitations I should know about?
Marlowe, *Doctor Faustus* (v. 121-24)